To help personalize content, tailor and measure ad performance, we use cookies. By clicking on and navigating the Citadel Servicing Corporation website, you agree to allow us to collect information through cookies. To learn more, please read our updated Privacy Poilicy and Cookie Policy.


Frequently Asked Questions

How can I access the online CSS (Customer Self Service) Portal and what tools are available?

Several tools are available on the CSS portal: General loan and property information, rate and payment transaction history, tax and insurance information, scheduling one-time or recurring payments (depending on the status of your loan), viewing and specifying (paper/electronic) monthly statements, and requesting a payoff.

If this is your first time requiring set up, please be prepared with the following:

  • Your Loan Number as it appears at the top right hand side of your Monthly Statement, including leading zeroes if applicable
  • First and Last Name on the loan (primary or coborrower)
  • TaxID/SSN (Please call if you do not have a TaxID/SSN on file to receive your uniqueID)
  • Property Zip Code
  • Email Address to attach to your new login

Once you have set up your CSS profile, you will be presented with and prompted to accept the CSC CSS Terms and Conditions, after which you will be able to access all the CSS menus.

As always you can contact Customer Service below via phone with any questions, see below contact information.

You can access your loan in CSC's servicing system by clicking the ACCOUNT ACCESS button found on the "Your Loan with CSC" tab.

Who should I call if I have questions about my loan?

Inquiries can be directed to Citadel Servicing Corporation (“CSC”) Customer Service via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or you can call CSC at (888) 800-7661 Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST-Pacific Standard Time) and request to speak with a Customer Service Representative.

What options do I have when making my mortgage payments?
  • You can make your payments online by clicking the ACCOUNT ACCESS button found on the "Your Loan with CSC" tab.
  • You can mail your payments to: Citadel Servicing Corporation, ATTN: Payment Processing, 15707 Rockfield Blvd., Ste. 320, Irvine, CA 92618-2830.
  • Make your personal check, money order, or certified funds check payable to Citadel Servicing Corporation.
  • You can also call CSC’s office at (888) 800-7661 Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST-Pacific Standard Time) to make a payment by phone. There is nominal pay by phone fee of $10.00 for one time payments over the phone.
  • You can wire transfer your monthly payment (please contact our customer service department at the number listed above to obtain the wire information)
  • You can have your payment set up monthly by completing the Authorization Agreement for Automatic Mortgage Payment — see the ACH Form section on the "Forms & Requests" tab.
May I make extra principal payments on my loan and what are the benefits of these extra payments?

You may make extra principal payments to reduce the outstanding balance of your mortgage loan utilizing the payment methods shown above at any time as long as you are up-to-date with the required monthly payments. These extra principal payments allow you to pay off your loan sooner and reduce the total interest costs over the life of the loan.

When is my payment considered late?

Your payment is due on the first of the month; however, you have a 15-day grace period in which to make your payment and avoid a late charge.

  • Please note that CSC does not accept the post office date stamp as the day that payments are received.
  • All payments are posted and credited to your loan the day CSC receives your payment.
  • If your payment is not received on or before the last day of the current month due, your payment will be reported to the credit bureaus as 30 days delinquent.
What should I do if I receive a Property Tax, Supplemental tax or insurance bill?

Please include your name and loan number and choose one of to the following:

  • Email a copy of the bill to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or Fax it to (949) 270-1725.
  • You can mail a copy of the bill to: 15707 Rockfield Blvd., Ste. 320, Irvine, CA 92618-2830.
  • Notify CSC by calling our office at (888) 800-7661 Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST-Pacific Standard Time).
Is CSC reporting my payments to the credit Agencies?

Yes, CSC is only reporting to Equifax at this time.

What will happen if my check is returned Non-Sufficient Funds or rejected if set up on auto-draft?

It is imperative that you continually monitor your bank account to ensure funds are deposited in the account before we draft it. If you bank notifies us that your account has non-sufficient funds, you will be assessed a fee and your loan may become delinquent if the funds are not replaced in the same month.

Can I have another party discuss my mortgage on my behalf?

Yes. CSC will require you to complete a 3rd Party Authorization providing your approval for us to communicate the party you approve, see the Forms & Requests tab.

What are my options to avoid a Foreclosure?

Options that may be available to borrowers who are unable to afford their mortgage payments and wish to avoid foreclosure are available below, along with instructions on how to access such options:

  • If your loan has not matured, you may bring your loan current by providing funds to pay any delinquent obligations.
  • The United States Department of Housing and Development (HUD) funds free or very low cost housing counseling on a nationwide basis. Housing Counselors can help you understand the law and your options. They can also assist you in organizing your finances as well as represent you in any negotiations with your lender should you need such assistance. You can call (800) 659-4287 or TTY (800) 877-8339 to find a HUD approved Housing Counselor near you.
  • You may also find alternatives on the HUD website including informative articles such as “Avoiding Foreclosure”.
  • Refinancing your property might be an option. Depending on your financial situation, you may not be able to refinance your loan with your current lender or with another lender. There is no guaranty that you will qualify for a refinance of your mortgage, so please consider all of your options.
  • Selling your property prior to a foreclosure might be a viable option, especially if you have equity, but where the current fair market value of your property is less than the amount you owe on your loan, the lender might agree to a “short sale”. In a “short sale” the lender agrees to allow your home to be sold for less than the amount of the loan balance. Remember that time is important so you may want to investigate this option, and any other, immediately.
  • A Deed-in-Lieu (whereby the property is deeded over to the lender in lieu of foreclosure), provided that you do not have a junior lien or another cloud on title might also be an avenue. Explore this option immediately if you have been unable to sell the property on your own.


  • Please note that if the borrower is represented by an Agent or Representative, the borrower needs to have an 3rd Party Authorization Form authorized by all parties.
  • Toll free number made available by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find a HUD certified housing counseling agency is 1-800-569-4287 or TTY/TDD 1-800-877-8339.
  • Citadel Servicing Corporation's Customer Service Department can be reached Toll Free at (888) 800-7661 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (PST) Monday through Friday, or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • The State Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act require that, except under unusual circumstances, collectors may not contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. They may not harass you by using threats of violence or arrest, or by using obscene language. Collectors may not use false or misleading statements or call you at work if they know or have reason to know that you may not receive personal calls at work. For the most part, collectors may not tell another person, other than your attorney or spouse, about your debt. Collectors may contact another person to confirm your location or enforce a judgment. For more information about debt collection activities, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP, or FTC website