Effective as of January 1, 2020
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including but not limited to paper; or
- Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You
When you engage with us or use our products and services, we collect a variety of information from and about you. The kind of data we collect about you depends on how you interact with us, what you share, who you are (broker, borrower, applicant, etc.) and how you use our services. If you are a prospective consumer who did not complete an application, we will have less information about than if you are an existing borrower for whom we service a loan. Even if you don’t have a loan with us, we may still collect some data about you if you engage us in your professional capacity for information about our products and services.
Generally, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). We obtain your Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you and your authorized agents. For example, from documents you provide to us related to the services for which you have engaged us.
- Indirectly from you and your authorized agents or representatives. For example, through information we collect from our clients in the course of providing services to you.
- Directly from your activity on our website excluding Unique Identifiers. For example, from submissions through our website or Borrower Portal, or online form.
- From service providers that help us perform the services we provide. For example, from title and escrow companies.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform. For example, from lead generation companies.
How we use your Personal Information
We carefully evaluate how we use data to make sure that we are using your information to personalize our services and provide value for you. We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with Personal Information in order for us to provide a loan estimate, we will use that information to prepare loan estimates and submit it for an application.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. In the event we would like to use your Personal Information in a way that is not described here, we will let you know in advance so you can decide if you are comfortable with that use.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our partners.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice available at www.citadelservicing.com/CCPA.
We also obtain information about your use of our Website by using cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit web pages. The owner of the cookie (who may not be directly connected to the web page that set it – see Third-Party Cookies below) can access the information that is stored in that cookie when you view web pages that include the cookie owner’s code. Cookies are widely used, are necessary for the correct function of many websites and can enrich the user experience. They may also be used to track user behavior.
We use different types of cookies to help us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Consent to Cookies
We allow carefully selected third parties to place cookies via our website. These are cookies that are owned by external organizations. Below is a list of the third parties who may set cookies when you visit our website:
Google Analytics and Ads places cookies to track your use of our website. This tracking is anonymous and the data is used so that we can understand how our website is used and how to improve the experience that we offer our visitors.
Pardot, a provider of social plugins services, places cookies directly and through other, affiliated third parties to allow you to share content via social media, including Twitter LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Since the third-party cookies we use are set up and managed by third parties, we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. Here are links to help you:
Other ways to manage cookies
You can also control or disable cookies in your web browser. How you disable cookies depends on which browser you use. All modern browsers allow you to change your privacy settings to prevent websites form planting cookies.
These settings will typically be found in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu or by using 'Help' option. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful.
If you configure your browser to refuse to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website or it may not function as intended.
Protection of Your Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children under the age of 13
This Website and the nature of our services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register on the Website or send any personal information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
The owner of the Website is based in the State of California in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
If you reside outside the United States, any information you provide to us on this Website will be transferred out of your country and into the United States. If you do not want your personal information to leave your country, please do not provide such information to CSC and do not use our Website. By providing personal information to CSC, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and/or other countries.
Phone: (949) 900-6630 or (888) 800-7661
Citadel Servicing Corporation
15707 Rockfield Boulevard, Suite 320
Irvine, CA 92618